Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> URO Rubber Replacement Bushings, Front A Arm Bushings
914Sixer
post Jun 12 2009, 10:14 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

I just watched a video on Youtube about these and bought a set from Drining Source on Ebay. Video shows no special tools needed. Heat bushings to 180 degrees in hot water, press on half way, lube bushing and arm with liquid soap and press on the rest with a shop press. Same installation for the rear.

Price $42.51 on sale and Free shipping Ebay # 380128874796

Listed under 911 parts, but works on 914 too.

Anybody tried these yet?

I am computer illiterate or I would post links. Video link is attached to the Ebay item number.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
jaxdream
post Jun 12 2009, 11:27 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,270
Region Association: South East States

There was a fella here who did a write up recently , cannot remember his name , he used long all thread , if you know what I speak of , knocked the plugs out of the ends of the arms , used that and big washers. He also used 1 1/2 pvc as guides on the ends to get the bushings on, from what I seen in the pics ,he did a real good job of installing them . I eyeballed these for a time , same folks on e-bay , from the pics they seemed to be a tad shorter than oem. There was a fella on the bird board that recieved these and noted the shortness factor. i can't say if this would pose any problems , it's just the way the euro's seem to be made. I would go out on a limb to say I think these would be better than the currently available Plastic variety readily available and cheaply I also add, If that's what you can afford , I would understand that also ( my money tighter than a banjo string ). I oppted for Crf's delrins for the harder compound, if the euro's had been as long as oems, I would have snapped them up.Everyones ideas vary , if you like em please give some feedback on them , as I'm sure others have been looking at these also.
My 2 cents.

Jaxdream
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 12:22 AM