Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Got this old turbo charger, What is it good for?
dkjens
post Jun 26 2009, 03:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,785
Region Association: None

I've got this turbo charger from a Chevy small block single turbo set up. It spins freely and no FOD has travelled through it, so with minor maintenance it may be useable.
I read some numbers of the intake side:

Serial: FF0413
A.I.D. P.N. 465210-9
Model TO4B35

Can anybody tell me what this is, how much boost will it build on a 283CuI engine, etc.
I am sure it's a piece of crap, but I would like to build a crude carbureted turbo charged small block at some time.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
charliew
post Jul 3 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,958

I'm only familiar with suby turbos but the one you have seems awful small for even a 283. Course if all you are doing is fooling around go for it. 7psi or .5 bar will be like going from a 283 to a good 325hp 350 maybe more but I don't think so. To make 7lbs of boost the turbo must exceed the na requirement of the motor. If you are sure it was a good turbo setup on a 283 then try it out especially if you also have all the plumbing. If you don't have the plumbing it's a lot of work. I'm sure the net can provide the formula for the cfm requirements for the 283 if the ve is known. I would guess a turbo 283 would get better gas mileage off boost than a good na 350. Check out the turbo kits for the 4.6 newer motors and see what their specs are.

I'm just curious what part of the dissassembly was the funny looking hammer used for?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 11:30 AM