Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Airbox installation is complete
PanelBilly
post Jul 6 2009, 07:50 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Attached Image

Attached Image

New tubes really add to the general fresh look to the front trunk. I had to make a bolt to hold the back of the winshield wiper assembly in place, but I got everything bolted up this weekend. Next comes the wiring in the dash I guess.

The wire mess looks a bit overwelming. Any advice is welcome. And yes I know the light switches are out of order

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
racunniff
post Jul 6 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #2

volt914

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,705
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 6 2009, 07:50 PM) *

The wire mess looks a bit overwelming. Any advice is welcome. And yes I know the light switches are out of order

Did you label the wires before you removed the harness? Or is this a new harness?

Regardless - my advice on hooking everything back up is "one step at a time." Hook up the fuse panel. And then, one gadget at a time. Identify where you think something should plug in. Ideally, verify your choice with a voltmeter (if you have the switches hooked up). Hook up your gadget. Look/listen/smell for burning wires and blown fuses. Turn the switch on to your gadget. Look/listen/smell for burning wires and blown fuses. Verify proper operation. Move on to the next gadget.

On the "burning wires" front - you should probably have quick access to the 12V battery during all this - so you can quickly disconnect if you start overheating something. I kept mine outside the car hooked up via jumper cables. Most of the wires are *not* fuse-protected (especially grounds) and they can smoke very very quickly.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 07:21 PM