Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> R.I.P. Wes Vann
nihkon
post Aug 19 2009, 11:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,696
Region Association: None

Hi, I do not own a 914. I just joined this site to let you guys in on some sad news.

I'm deeply saddened to have to bring the new that Wes Vann passed away recently. He died from coronary disease on June 22, 2009. It's a bummer that we're finding this out so far after it happened. I'd like to think that I'm a small group of people that keep in fairly constant contact with him, and it still took me a month and a half to find out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I'm sure there are many many people out there that either knew him personally, or at least were helped along at some point by him or his website. ( Wes Vann's Honda Page )

Let's get a thread going where we can all share our "Wes stories." photos, etc.

One of my favorite things about Wes was his insatiable appetite to "teach." For those that have been to his house, you know all too well that he never does the work for you. He always teaches you how to do it. Gotta love that. :thumbup:

I'll end with one of my favorite photos of Wes:

(IMG:http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/nihkonco/misc/wes/d_06.jpg)

I'll miss ya buddy!! You were a great friend!!

This was a "copy and paste" from a thread that I posted in a Honda forum (it was through Honda's that I met Wes). I wanted to post the news here since I know he was so involved with this site during his last project, the "914a":
http://www.performanceforum.com/wesvann/914a/index.html
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Steve
post Aug 19 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

That's sad that he never finished his car. I am also beyond sad to hear about this.
Here's my story:
I posted questions to Wes's ebrake thread and he was more than helpful and patient with answers to my questions. I told him that I did not have any welding skills and he offered to weld the stop plates on my trailing arms. He would not accept any money. He said that if I was willing to drive to his house to get this done he did not want to charge me. I drove my trailing arms an hour to get to his house. He was beyond kind and thoughtful. I talked his ear off and distracted him. He ended up welding one of the stop plates on the wrong side of one of my trailing arms. He had to spend another 45 minutes cutting it off, cleaning up the damage and then welding it to the correct side. He was so cool and did not get upset over me talking to much and distracting him, which caused the mistake. After he was done i tried to give him some money again for his time but all he would accept was lunch at Sharkeys!! He did an awesome job on my trailing arms and now i have 911 ebrakes on my car, thanks to Wes!!

In life we are typically surrounded by the do unto others before they do unto you attitudes. Wes and Howard were two individuals that I have had the pleasure of meeting that make me want to try harder, to be a better person and help others without expecting anything in return.

R.I.P. Wes!!! You will be missed!!
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 08:27 AM