Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> turn light indicator, both on
elsargento
post Sep 19 2009, 04:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,802

When I start my car in the morning to go to work both left and right turn indicator instrument lights are light...After I drive 1/2 hour or so they go away..weird huh?
everything else electrically works by the book..any ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Spoke
post Sep 21 2009, 08:55 AM
Post #2

Jerry

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

I believe the reason for the lights being lit all the time is the secondary relay in the flasher relay is either bad or leaky. In my 74 the indicator would be dim when no turn signals then flash bright/dim when a turn signal was on.

In my 71, they would be off when no turn signals then both would flash dim when either right or left was selected.

For the 74, I replaced the tach with a early tach with right/left indicators and just wired them directly across the front/rear turnsignal bulbs and connected the other end to ground.

In the 71, I disconnected the common connection of the indicator lamps from the relay and just connected them to ground. Also swapped right and left bulbs.

In both cars, I rewired instead of purchasing a new flasher. I disabled the feature of being able to tell if a turn signal bulb is burned out like the manufacturer had designed it. However, I am not a manufacturer; I'm just the owner of a very old car so I can do what I want with this "feature".
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 05:49 AM