Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> touched a few pieces of 914 history today!, #4 and beyond
SirAndy
post Feb 14 2004, 04:57 PM
Post #1

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

we had a little #4 "tech-session" today hosted by Carl ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) thanks for the coffee)

the amount of "different" and "prototype" is incredible.
some took pictures (not me, so you're going to be lucky) ...

even got my hands on one of the 4 copies of the original 914-8 owners manual (for Ferry Porsche's 914-006).
what a interesting piece of literature !

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) Andy
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
krk
post Feb 15 2004, 10:03 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 22

Man what a great time -- thank's Carl for setting it up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) and it was great to meet Paul as well! (It would be very cool to drag him out to other 914 events -- he might get a kick out of our quirky club -- and I know anyone talking to him will likely pick up something new about our cars and Pcars in general)

Anyway, great history lesson, the 914/8 manual was very cool to see -- I can see why it didn't take off tho -- I couldn't understand any of it except the numbers. Ah well, I only look at those books for the pictures anyway. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The hand made portions of the car were the most interesting -- the factory guys were still playing with ideas, particularly in the rear trunk and dashboard areas. Watching Andy decode the car from "stem to stern" was fun too.

Oh, and the rear trunk lock didn't work, so we had to find a way into it. Carl's bother manufactured a 4 foot extension out of a bar, which we slipped in from the engine compartment after loosening the hinge bolts. (yeh, we meet Carl's brother and his dad stopped by as well, and Meridith stopped in too) Scott got the loosening job on the oil tank side which was much more tedious. I stood around and drank most of the coffee (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) .

At one point we practiced the correct pronouniation of "Meuller". Heh. (Hi mike (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif))

All in all, an intere$ting project will take place one day, and tracking the progress will be interesting for everyone.

It was a great morning Carl/Brad -- thx!

kim.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 10:20 PM