Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> T-Top Headliner & Rubber Treatments?, Newbie questions
914brokenfilms
post Sep 29 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,798
Region Association: Southwest Region

New member and first-time 914 owner... I have lots of details to attend to on my 1972 914/4.

Any recommendations for a good adhesive to reattach the T-top headliner? Also - recommendations for a good cleaner & treatment for rubber trim & seals througout the car?

My original interior vinyl looks great - just needs cleaning. Any recommendations for a good treatment for the vinyl seats, dash, door panels & T-top?

Thanks! Mark W.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
dlo914
post Sep 29 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #2

Whatchu' lookin' at?!?!

Member No.: 2,697

I think it was Joann's or any hardware store that sell a good spray on adhesive that would work well for the targa top liner. Oh and this is a t-top:
(IMG:http://www.automopedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/ttop.jpg)
And don't use Armor-all for the vinyl, it tends to dry out the vinyl and then crack. I think a damp wash cloth would work better.
+Quote Post
914brokenfilms
post Sep 30 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(dlo914 @ Sep 29 2009, 10:42 AM) *

I think it was Joann's or any hardware store that sell a good spray on adhesive that would work well for the targa top liner. Oh and this is a t-top:
(IMG:http://www.automopedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/ttop.jpg)
And don't use Armor-all for the vinyl, it tends to dry out the vinyl and then crack. I think a damp wash cloth would work better.

Can I get a T-Top conversion for my 914? My wife looks kinda like Sally Fields... Thanks for the tips guys. M.W.

+Quote Post
Betty
post Sep 30 2009, 12:48 PM
Post #4

Driver

Member No.: 3,255
Region Association: South East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

"Can I get a T-Top conversion for my 914? My wife looks kinda like Sally Fields... Thanks for the tips guys. M.W."

Well... if you make it a T-Top conversion, you're going to have to get the hat and CB radio too! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Fort Worth?!?!?! All right; another person in the area! My husband and I are on the Hurst/Colleyville border. BandJoey is in Bedford, GrnGoat is in the Keller area. Are you aware of the swap meet at Zim's Autotechnic this Saturday?! (there was a thread posted on here about it). There should be lots of 914 people there; I'll make sure we're wearing 914 related shirts. Just mosey on up and introduce yourself! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
914brokenfilms
post Oct 2 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Betty @ Sep 30 2009, 10:48 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

"Can I get a T-Top conversion for my 914? My wife looks kinda like Sally Fields... Thanks for the tips guys. M.W."

Well... if you make it a T-Top conversion, you're going to have to get the hat and CB radio too! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Fort Worth?!?!?! All right; another person in the area! My husband and I are on the Hurst/Colleyville border. BandJoey is in Bedford, GrnGoat is in the Keller area. Are you aware of the swap meet at Zim's Autotechnic this Saturday?! (there was a thread posted on here about it). There should be lots of 914 people there; I'll make sure we're wearing 914 related shirts. Just mosey on up and introduce yourself! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Betty - thanks! We will try to get up to the swap after soccer tomorrow. Mark W.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 02:03 AM