Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Question, 914/6
cal44
post Oct 9 2009, 04:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,910
Region Association: Southwest Region

I'm new here but not new to 914's. I have a chance to buy a 914/6 numbers matching.

Theres a "but" to this. It has rust (big suprise). Some dents in the fenders and has steel wheels (no Fuchs). Interior is complete and decent, still has original radio. The seller states the floors are good. He states bad rust behind one of the doors but hell hole appears to be fine......ya sure.

The biggie with me is restoring vs. restored. Let me state it will be a cold day before before I would pay high thirties to low fourties for a "6" no matter how much I have always wanted one.

So there you have it. If I left anything out please tell me. Its o.k to be harsh.....thats how one learns. Car is complete as it left the factory. Engine turns over by hand but car has not been on the road since '85. Opinions please.
Asking price is $12K

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
carr914
post Oct 9 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #2

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

That is the car that RichHawk sold a few weeks ago in 4 hours for $8k. It was a very good price at that level and I told him that I thought it was worth maybe $10k. I don't know who is selling the car, but $4k profit for a couple of weeks is a little steep, IMHO. The car I have in the classifieds @ $11k is a much nicer car and much easier to restore as it doesn't have Any structual rust.

I'm restoring another six that had a lot of rust. So far I have about $15k into the parts/rust repair/paint. You have to figure about $10k for the motor. Then the rest.

T.C.

+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Oct 9 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #3

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 9 2009, 04:27 PM) *

That is the car that RichHawk sold a few weeks ago in 4 hours for $8k. It was a very good price at that level and I told him that I thought it was worth maybe $10k. I don't know who is selling the car, but $4k profit for a couple of weeks is a little steep, IMHO.

I thought it looked familiar ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

So far, it's been flipped twice in the last few weeks. What did Rich pay for it? $5k?

So now it's at $12k, which is pretty high for a car that needs a complete overhaul.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
bcheney
post Oct 9 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,348
Region Association: South East States

Just to stimulate your thoughts about parting it out...here is a list...starting putting realistic numbers to this stuff and call it all in "fair" condition. I compiled the list...chime in with some fair market values guys...

Trailing arms
Rear core calipers
Rear stub axles
Axles & CV joints
Set of four 5 bolt steel wheels
Tranny
Core motor
Intakes
Carbs & Linkage
Real Six Air filter housing
Six Engine tin
Six Heat exhangers
Muffler & bracket
Oil tank
Filler neck
Front A-Arms
Struts
Strut top bushings and hardware
Steering rack
Front core calipers
Front bumper and dog bones
Front bumper grills and fog lights
Rear bumber
Rear Valence
Rocker panels
Dash top
Dash bottom
Steering wheel
Guages
Center Console
Carb Choke lever and cable
Steering column and in dash key ingnition switch
Complete wiring harnes
Real Six relay board
Electric windshield wiper parts
Shifter and shift rod
Fuel tank
Winshield Trim
Windshield
Side window glass and mechanisms
Side window triangle glass
Sail panel trim
Rear window
Side mirrors
Door handles and locks
Trunk lock
914-6 badge emblem
Front and rear light housings, lenses and side markers
Drivers seat
Passenger seat bottom
Back pad
Door panels
Speaker grills
Tub with a real six VIN...
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
cal44   Question   Oct 9 2009, 04:47 PM
siverson   Without seeing pictures, it doesn't sound like...   Oct 9 2009, 04:52 PM
dr914@autoatlanta.com   I would buy it for that right away. I would not h...   Oct 9 2009, 05:14 PM
bcheney   I agree with George on this one. However, I'm ...   Oct 9 2009, 05:40 PM
cal44   O.K laddies, I'm lurking and learning. Mr. Hu...   Oct 9 2009, 05:40 PM
Cap'n Krusty   I don't see getting $12K for a car's ...   Oct 9 2009, 06:18 PM
SirAndy   I don't see getting $12K for a car's...   Oct 9 2009, 06:22 PM
carr914   That is the car that RichHawk sold a few weeks ago...   Oct 9 2009, 06:27 PM
SirAndy   That is the car that RichHawk sold a few weeks ag...   Oct 9 2009, 07:27 PM
bcheney   Just to stimulate your thoughts about parting it o...   Oct 9 2009, 09:11 PM
carr914   I would buy it for that right away. I would not ...   Oct 9 2009, 06:30 PM
Gint   before I would pay high thirties to low fourties f...   Oct 9 2009, 07:12 PM
SLITS   A VIN, with an anemic engine & sloppy shifting...   Oct 9 2009, 07:18 PM
PanelBilly   I'd buy a nice /4 for the same $ and driv...   Oct 9 2009, 07:18 PM
carr914   Trailing arms & Rear stub axles - $700 Re...   Oct 9 2009, 09:40 PM
bcheney   914/6 parts Value Trailing arms ...   Oct 9 2009, 10:06 PM
Cap'n Krusty   "WHAT" center console? BTW, most of you...   Oct 9 2009, 10:46 PM
bandjoey   http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=9...   Oct 9 2009, 11:03 PM
carr914   "WHAT" center console? BTW, most of yo...   Oct 10 2009, 07:26 AM
Socalandy   Part out a #'s matching -6 car :barf: Very ...   Oct 10 2009, 08:44 AM
bcheney   Agreed...parting out these precious gems is terrib...   Oct 10 2009, 10:28 AM
cal44   Well, it turns out that yes, this car was bought f...   Oct 10 2009, 11:02 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 04:37 AM