Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

> 1973/4 914 1.7 ae motor for sale, seling my motor
glenn87
post Oct 28 2009, 05:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,955
Region Association: None

i bought a kit car with a 1.7 AE motor has 2 carbs, runs good. it is too big (long ) for car . i"m going to sell this motor and buy a vw motor. i will post pics later! not sure how much to ask for it .ideas ? i guess best offer after 14 days ? i'm in richmond va
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Tom_T
post Oct 28 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(glenn87 @ Oct 28 2009, 04:36 AM) *

i bought a kit car with a 1.7 AE motor has 2 carbs, runs good. it is too big (long ) for car . i"m going to sell this motor and buy a vw motor. i will post pics later! not sure how much to ask for it .ideas ? i guess best offer after 14 days ? i'm in richmond va

Glenn, the 1.7 (1695 cc) EA motor IS a VW Type IV motor, so I doubt it would fit any better in your kit car, but would be less tuned than the 914 engine.....unless you wanted to send this one to Jake Raby to jack it's power to 100+ hp! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

IMHO - Maybe look at modifying the kit instead.
+Quote Post
glenn87
post Oct 28 2009, 09:44 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,955
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Oct 28 2009, 11:49 AM) *

Glenn, the 1.7 (1695 cc) EA motor IS a VW Type IV motor, so I doubt it would fit any better in your kit car, but would be less tuned than the 914 engine.....unless you wanted to send this one to Jake Raby to jack it's power to 100+ hp! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

tom : the kit is a montage and the current motors fan houshing has rubbed 2 holes in rear tag panel thats why i am selling and going to the type 1 vw motor it does not have the housing and i can get over 200 hp more is better !! any thoughts on price
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Oct 29 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #4

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(glenn87 @ Oct 28 2009, 08:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Oct 28 2009, 11:49 AM) *

tom : the kit is a montage and the current motors fan houshing has rubbed 2 holes in rear tag panel thats why i am selling and going to the type 1 vw motor it does not have the housing and i can get over 200 hp more is better !! any thoughts on price

Not sure Glenn on 1.7s, but I've seen the more desireable 2L cores at $500 up & full supposedly running engines at $1000 & up - the 1.7s are always less. Google for that & see what folks are asking now for 1.7's, which is less than even just 6 months ago due to the bad economy.

IMHO - the Type IV is a far better & stronger, more advanced & reliable engine, with more upper limit capacity for up-building. It's by far preferred by most over the T-1, unless you're jamming it into a Bug.

Google for Jake Raby's "MassIVe" upbuilt Type IVs in GA, FAT Performance's here in Orange CA, etc. They're able to build anything from hot street engines at 110-165 hp (depeding on the build & fuel system), up to Racers at 250+ hp out of the T-4s! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

As with everything, it's how much you want to pay for the mill! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Fiberglass is easy & cheap to modify to adapt to fit a better hot engine, & if it were me - I'd just move/adjust the rear tag frame out to accommodate a Raby 2270 or 2314 or more!

Cheers & Good Luck!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 01:28 PM