Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> haynes manual question, can the good book be wrong?
nycchef
post Jan 28 2010, 02:31 PM
Post #1

mechanical moron

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,202
Region Association: None

while re-assembling my front end i consulted the sacred haynes manual as to how to mount the hubs on the spindle page 100, fig 7.2 , # 16 ..verse 9. book of john.

yea tho i mount the the guard plate as thy sayeth, thy hub shall not spin, nor shall thy clamping nut have the clearence to clampeth.
could this most sacred of all books ...BE WRONG? damn picture don't even look like mine. seems to work better if i turn it over.

P.S. Eric
don't send me one for christmas, this one screws me up just fine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
SLITS
post Jan 28 2010, 02:39 PM
Post #2

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

Assembly drawing is correct. Sure you have the right rotors for the spindle. From the images of your of your ball joints, you have early struts and should have non-hubcentic rotors. Shoot an image of the front of your rotors.

AND, did you get the wheel bearing seated completely or for that matter assembled correctly?

While you don't need guard plate, it keeps shit off the rotor to a degree.
+Quote Post
nycchef
post Jan 28 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #3

mechanical moron

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,202

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 28 2010, 12:39 PM) *

Assembly drawing is correct. Sure you have the right rotors for the spindle. From the images of your of your ball joints, you have early struts and should have non-hubcentic rotors. Shoot an image of the front of your rotors.

AND, did you get the wheel bearing seated completely or for that matter assembled correctly?

While you don't need guard plate, it keeps shit off the rotor to a degree.

i flipped the guard plate over and it spins fine. i guess it's becuse mine is a 914 SE (satanic edition)
while we're here, the book (ugh) says to torque down the locking nut, i assume that means the allen nut.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 10:10 AM