Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> DMV-Car is out of the system, What does it take to register?
Andyrew
post Feb 2 2010, 01:28 AM
Post #1

Spooling.... Please wait

Group: Members
Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Looking at a car thats out of the DMV system and wondering if anyone has registered a car out of the system in CA.

Any input?

Thanks!
Andrew
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
tradisrad
post Feb 2 2010, 09:21 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,815
Region Association: Northern California

It is easy. I went through it this year.
I bought the car in April and went to DMV and paid my fees and got the paper work in my name. Went home and fixed the car. 6 months later I took the paper work back to get a new temporary operatin permit and the DMV lady drilled me on why it took so long. I explained that w/o a engine the car was difficult to bring to them. She then told me I had to go to CHP. I called CHP and he said that if the DMV has never seen the car he can't look unless the car failed vin inspection at DMV. CHP ran the vin and it came back clear (as expected). I went to another DMV and they inspected the vin and processed the paper work. I walked out with my plates!

I did not pay any back fees because the seller filled out paper work that stated the car was parked off of the road for the last xx years. I paid about $100 with reg and tax. (low $$ bill of sale)

BTW I only had a bill of sale. No title.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 12:31 PM