Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How do you mount your race seat?
fasthonda
post Feb 9 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #1

914 Type R

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,544
Region Association: None

I plan on using a Kirkey aluminum road race seat. Is it feasible to bolt the stock sliders to the seat bottom and use the stock seat rails? Anyone have experience with this? Recommendations on seats or mounting setups?

Please post pictures of your setups.

Thanks in Advance,

Michael
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
campbellcj
post Mar 1 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #2

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

I have the Cobra Suzuka kevlar seats. They are mounted on Cobra side-mount brackets, which give some adjustability via different holes you can use to attach the seat on the front and rear. I can't weld (yet) so they are bolted to the floor using robust hardware and I reinforced the mounting surfaces with flat steel stock for good measure. I cut out part of the cross-brace on the floor, just where the seat brackets needed to go.

This setup is very sturdy and I've been happy with it, although if/when I learn how to weld I will at least weld the steel reinforcements and possibly the actual brackets to the floor.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 08:57 PM