Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> input on collector car values this summer, which way do you see them going?
orange914
post Mar 30 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #1

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

o.k., i'm wondering what the 914 crew foresees in the crystal ball. i'm parting with my 67 mustang of 22 years and just sent off my barrett-jackson application for june- l.a. auction. the only reason i'm parting with it is a realstate opertunity. i will hold it if the market dives. what are your thoughts on the collectorcar market tread in the next 6 to 12 months? i have 2 interested parties but as soon as i agree to sell at b.j. it's off the outside market.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Mar 30 2010, 11:11 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

QUOTE(orange914 @ Mar 30 2010, 09:51 AM) *

o.k., i'm wondering what the 914 crew foresees in the crystal ball. i'm parting with my 67 mustang of 22 years and just sent off my barrett-jackson application for june- l.a. auction. the only reason i'm parting with it is a realstate opertunity. i will hold it if the market dives. what are your thoughts on the collectorcar market tread in the next 6 to 12 months? i have 2 interested parties but as soon as i agree to sell at b.j. it's off the outside market.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

mike

really depends on both the economy and the car. The older the buyers who remembered the car in their youth get the less valuable it becomes. Even iconic cars such as the Dusenburg, relatively speaking have not sold for as much these days as say a 426 challenger convertible (or something like that!) Classics will always be worth something but in general old cars values fall with the aging people who identified with them.
The people who buy expensive cars will always have the money though, but in lean times fewer people with money exist so the bidding wars are not as intense and values drop.
If your mustang is something very very special Barrett Jackson is the place. If it is just a restored Mustang, you would be better off advertising it on e bay and other venues.
I can even see the 356 911 and 914 values dropping, but not the speedster and the rare racing cars Porsche has produced. 914s are hot now even with this economy, ten years from now they will start to cool, just as the fire in the bellies of the people who identified with them back then.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 05:21 PM