Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> input on collector car values this summer, which way do you see them going?
orange914
post Mar 30 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #1

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

o.k., i'm wondering what the 914 crew foresees in the crystal ball. i'm parting with my 67 mustang of 22 years and just sent off my barrett-jackson application for june- l.a. auction. the only reason i'm parting with it is a realstate opertunity. i will hold it if the market dives. what are your thoughts on the collectorcar market tread in the next 6 to 12 months? i have 2 interested parties but as soon as i agree to sell at b.j. it's off the outside market.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Scott S
post Mar 30 2010, 11:16 AM
Post #2

Small Member

Member No.: 633

I would try and do everything possible to sell it privately. I am not 100% sure of the BJ fee/commission structure, but any fees are simply that. Does BJ publish a list of their prior listings by year/make/model? That would be a great indicator of what did and didn't sell, and for what price.

As far as the market goes, getting top dollar right now is brutal, unless a car is rare, has some sort of history, etc.

With the stuff we have purchased in the past two years, we wont touch any sort of investment car unless it is going for somwhere around 50% of what it "should" currently sell for. Unfortunatley, the economy has created some great deals for buyers - I say unfortunately as it is really too bad when someone drops a pile of money into a restoration, falls on hard times and then finds out there is no demand for it when he tries to sell it.
+Quote Post
orange914
post Mar 30 2010, 12:43 PM
Post #3

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Mar 30 2010, 10:16 AM) *

Does BJ publish a list of their prior listings by year/make/model? That would be a great indicator of what did and didn't sell, and for what price.

As far as the market goes, getting top dollar right now is brutal, unless a car is rare, has some sort of history, etc.

With the stuff we have purchased in the past two years, we wont touch any sort of investment car unless it is going for somwhere around 50% of what it "should" currently sell for.

yes, i've been watching past sales. fortunately my mustang is a special order,loaded, fastback with a strongly documented history. it should make prime time slot.

i guess i'm wondering if the feel out there is by june/july the market will take a quick dive. my take on the collector car market is it has gone down, yes, but definately not relitive to housing etc... the top choice models as mentioned, especially 67-8 mustangs seem about as hot...

am i off here ? anyone been observing "elinore" sales trends

thanks, mike
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 02:00 PM