Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> input on collector car values this summer, which way do you see them going?
orange914
post Mar 30 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #1

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

o.k., i'm wondering what the 914 crew foresees in the crystal ball. i'm parting with my 67 mustang of 22 years and just sent off my barrett-jackson application for june- l.a. auction. the only reason i'm parting with it is a realstate opertunity. i will hold it if the market dives. what are your thoughts on the collectorcar market tread in the next 6 to 12 months? i have 2 interested parties but as soon as i agree to sell at b.j. it's off the outside market.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ghuff
post Mar 30 2010, 01:33 PM
Post #2

This is certainly not what I expected down here.

Member No.: 10,389
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

You guys are forgetting a crucial factor that plays into the fact that in a few years, all classics WILL be going up in value, especially highly undervalued cars over the past few years.

I have an in with the scrap business and have for years.

We just went through a cycle where scrap was at an ALL time high, and EVERYONE with junk cars stored, were crushing them.

I can not telll you how many restorable cars, and good parts cars have been crushed due to that.

My source who runs a yard himself and did crush a lot of nice stuff that I begged him not to knew a man in delaware or NJ I can't remember, with 50+ acres of cars driven there and left. When scrap shot up, he was sending semi truckloads of them out to be crushed for money.

All the underdogs....

Everything became a LOT more rare after this.....

VW Rabbits? Yeah good clean ones go for thousands now, not even the GTi models.

Scirocco? Clean ones are 5k for a 16v. a 1st gen clean? Same, possibly more....

To the point, they are going to stay depressed through the recession(depression if you ask me), then once people get some cash and chase these cars they will go up in value due to demand and what is now a lack of supply.
+Quote Post
orange914
post Mar 30 2010, 01:42 PM
Post #3

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(ghuff @ Mar 30 2010, 12:33 PM) *

To the point, they are going to stay depressed through the recession(depression if you ask me), then once people get some cash and chase these cars they will go up in value due to demand and what is now a lack of supply.

yes, i'm hoping the false mo' money obama "bubble" we are suposedly starting right now will stay inflated thru this summer.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 05:06 PM