Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> LE interior color change question, Dye it back or replace?
poorsche914
post May 16 2010, 05:40 PM
Post #1

T4 Supercharged

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

The LE I just got had a brown interior but has been dyed black. Is there a way to dye it back to the original color or would I be better off finding a brown interior to replace it?

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.volksbraggin.com-10419-1274053228.1.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.volksbraggin.com-10419-1274053228.2.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ruddyboys
post May 17 2010, 12:56 PM
Post #2

Hummel eigentümer

Member No.: 1,749
Region Association: North East States

Did the LE come with beige interior?
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post May 17 2010, 02:34 PM
Post #3

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(ruddyboys @ May 17 2010, 02:56 PM) *

There are actually several Creamsicle's listed on Jeff Bowlsby's site that show a tan interior. Not sure about the Bumble Bee.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 17 2010, 02:48 PM
Post #4

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ May 17 2010, 01:34 PM) *

QUOTE(ruddyboys @ May 17 2010, 02:56 PM) *

There are actually several Creamsicle's listed on Jeff Bowlsby's site that show a tan interior. Not sure about the Bumble Bee.

IIRC - I'd seen at least one Bumblebee online somewhere with the beige interior, but cannot be certain that it was a "real" LE. Basically they could've taken any of the Black or Light Ivory chassis & made them into an LE with either the black, brown or beige interiors. .... but I defer to Bowlsby & Davep as the LE experts! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

I noticed your 91 Orly Blue Westy in your sig, which I why I mentioned it on those hills - ours is Dove Blue & still pretty much original at now 200,0000+ miles (2 engine overhauls - first replaced entire case due to rod through top in 99, & top end 05). We were loaded with 4 & all our gear for a 3+ week trip from CA to Indy, Cherokee/Qualla, Little Rock, OK then back to CA - so we were veeeery slow up the grade! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

It was late August on one of our annual trip back when our kids were young, that we had all the torrential rains & flooding in the lowlands (maybe 96 or 98), & we actually hit snow up at altitude before we even got off the freeway to go up to Ashville! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

OT, but here's a partial pic of our Westy - my wife's DD & general use car too! Paint is original - except we repainted the FG pop-top/luggage rack, & below rear hatch/left jamb & lower right fender panel where we had some "oops" repaired/repainted.

The OE allow wheels/wide tires were also part of the "bribe" to my wife for me to keep spending on my 914's resto - after she saw me hunting for Fuchs 2L Alloys & said: "What about my car?" .... I'm still working on some center caps for them! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 11:35 AM