Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What Wt. Oil for Freezing Temps or Below?, Moving to Montana by next winter...
detoxcowboy
post Jun 25 2010, 12:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,642
Region Association: Africa

74 2.0 (stock)

Question is for what Oil Weight/Viscosity to Use in Freezing Climates? I am a So. Cal. native whom wheres shorts 11 months a year and is moving to Montana, got pants but would like to know what Wt. Oil to use in Freezing and Below temps.. Driving Daily rain.snow.sleet.ice
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
VaccaRabite
post Jun 25 2010, 12:44 PM
Post #2

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Wow... Why don't you get a snow beater? An old suby or audi? Something that won't rust as quick, will handle the snow better, and give you a little more protection if you loose it on some black ice?

Zach
+Quote Post
detoxcowboy
post Jun 25 2010, 01:15 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,642
Region Association: Africa

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jun 25 2010, 11:44 AM) *

Wow... Why don't you get a snow beater? An old suby or audi? Something that won't rust as quick, will handle the snow better, and give you a little more protection if you loose it on some black ice?

Zach

Zach thanks for the input and yes a beater (my first 914 was the beater) would be ideal for some occasions but I am bringing the 914 with me regardless and will drive it when I can, buying another car ahead of time may not be in the reality at first and a garage will not be waiting for me when I get there, and the move as with all the moves I have made in my life, 3 states 7 counties, have not been permenant, the fact I have a 914 can't change what I need or want to do, currently it is my only car and it comes with me... I drive it no matter unless it is obviously unsafe, I am more fearfull of running into a deer or buffalo than rust..

I probably will get a beater truck if things work out and I decided to stay, caught the tail end of winter in Montana last time but flew there, but the car still will have oil in it and still will be parked most likely outside ..,

irregardless of condition and circumstances.. what oil wt. oil would you use..

I have lived in colorado when every morning was 5 a.m. and the thermoter was frozen at 5 degress, thoug it was colder.. I did not have a vw then and can't remeber what wt. oil I was using at the time..

they do not salt the roads where I am going, also I bought the car to drive it, not to look at it, been through my entire car and I think it can handle 1 or 2 winters.. snows in Germany..

I have never seen more Subaru's on the road than where I am going, also F.Y.I. when I lived near Aspen Co. the Police cars were Subaru's (in Aspen at least)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 11:30 PM