Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Thinking about getting a Boxster, Off Topic
germaneighter
post Jun 16 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,563

I'm thinking of getting a 2000 - 2002 Boxster or S model to use as a daily driver and retire my '74 2.0 to weekend use. I don't have any personal Boxster experience nor do I know anyone who has any..... Just what I've read, mainly in Excellence magazine. I plan on test driving a couple of cars this weekend.

Anyone have any general advice? What to look, feel, or listen for? How much difference, (better?) in the S model over the 2.7?

thanks,
dg
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
IronHillRestorations
post Jun 16 2010, 03:58 PM
Post #2

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

I love my '00 Tip Boxster. The Tips btw don't have rear main seal problems. I'm at the point where I need to sell it, but I hate to, I mean really hate to. The Boxster is like the new 914 and the more I drive mine the more 914ish it seems, to me anyway. If you are interested PM me, mine's only got 37k miles. Mine's metallic green with beige interior.

I've had no problems, and so far maintenence has been pretty easy. Changing the fuel filter is a PITA, but it won't need a new one for a long time.

I get up to 30 mpg on trips if I drive it conservatively, great heat and a/c, still two trunks, and a smooth ride for a sports car. Just my .02!
+Quote Post
Drums66
post Jul 13 2010, 04:08 PM
Post #3

914 Rudiments

Member No.: 151
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(9146986 @ Jun 16 2010, 02:58 PM) *

I love my '00 Tip Boxster. The Tips btw don't have rear main seal problems. I'm at the point where I need to sell it, but I hate to, I mean really hate to. The Boxster is like the new 914 and the more I drive mine the more 914ish it seems, to me anyway. If you are interested PM me, mine's only got 37k miles. Mine's metallic green with beige interior.

I've had no problems, and so far maintenence has been pretty easy. Changing the fuel filter is a PITA, but it won't need a new one for a long time.

I get up to 30 mpg on trips if I drive it conservatively, great heat and a/c, still two trunks, and a smooth ride for a sports car. Just my .02!

Get 1 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) (dig all the positives above)
P.S. boxster is future 914!
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 05:58 AM