Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Question for you body & fender guys....
914werke
post Jul 20 2010, 12:30 PM
Post #1

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Group: Members
Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Back in the day dent repair often involved drilling a bunch of holes in
an area to pull with a slide hammer or such then bondo'ing over to finish
If you are refinishing these areas now, either blasting or DA'ing that area clean
...do you bother to weld up all those holes?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
charliew
post Jul 20 2010, 10:35 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,958

My 75 had a long scrape/dent like from a rubber strip from a bumper in the door. It was inline with the beam inside the door. I actually bought another door from a member here to use but I pulled it out with the stud gun and I think I will keep the original door because it doesn have any rust in the bottom. I would rather have a skim coat of filler than a welded up door I think. The good thing about the stud gun is you can use it on gas tanks or whatever without drilling holes or welding. Sometimes though I have torn the metal from working one stud too much.

I have a 62 4wd chev truck that belongs to a friend that the bodyman he used punched holes in the dents in the cab to hold the filler, it's got plastic worms sticking through into the interior rear corners he didn't even take the original paint of, he just put the filler over the paint.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 07:53 AM