Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Weber dcnf 42, Are they to big for 1.8?
914fun
post Aug 28 2010, 03:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,201
Region Association: Southwest Region

Will weber dcnf 42 be to big for a stock 1.8 lt? Im taking off the D-jet system. Ben fooling with it for almost 3 years now. Done spending time and money on that system. So its time to spend time and money on a carb system. I plan on using my dizy for now. Im thinking the 34 would be to small. From what I read the 40 work well but I found some 42 that are at a good price. What do you guys think?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
914fun
post Aug 28 2010, 09:45 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,201
Region Association: Southwest Region

I seen those carbs on Thesamba. I guess I dont really know what I'm looking for when it comes to carbs. Whats wrong with the D-jet is to rev it by hand it sound ok but when I drive it it misses really bad. I look at the plugs and they are black with carbon. Running rich. I think I have done everything everyone has suggested. I just want to drive the thing. Seems like over the 3 years I've had it I get it running somewhat for a day or two and then I cant drive it for months because something crazy with the fuel delivery happens. Every time I mess with one thing two more things go wrong. I had carbs on my first 914 20 years ago and at least if it had a problem mechanics could figure it out without replacing everything twice to see if that will fix it. I dont have people in this aria that know anything about this system. So even though I would like for the D-jet to work I feel its best to go with carbs so I can have a better chance at keeping it usable. Thanks guys.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 12:23 PM