Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Corvette Drivers, Awesome videos...
BMXerror
post Aug 24 2010, 09:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,842

These were posted on the Solo 2 board. Funny shit.
http://www.youtube.com/user/saltysearay#p/a/u/1/jzrXwgMSy1Y

http://www.youtube.com/user/saltysearay#p/a/u/0/n1ngA4IHnAQ
Mark D.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
byndbad914
post Aug 27 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #2

shoehorn and some butter - it fits

Member No.: 5,463
Region Association: None

funny for sure - I took my new Grand Sport (not Z06) to the track a month ago and didn't know how to get the traction control (TC) and active handling (AH) shut off completely. There were a few Vettes out there including a ZR1, and 3 Z06s. I asked around and everyone assured me that Competition Mode is what you use, you NEVER turn it off. Car is a nightmare with any TC/AH on... fortunately I saw Mike Pettiford out there (T1, T2 and Showroom Stock Champ all in the same year, holds track record for T1 in a track prep'd Grand Sport at this track), he told me how to get it all shut off. We sorta laughed about all the other guys who can't drive without the TC/AH on to help them.

The next time I went out, one of the Z06s gave me a point by, I passed most of the cars out there except a Formula 5000 (it was an open track day so lots of various models on the course), another Z06 guy had asked me for a ride, whom was with me while I passed the Z06 and commented "You are definitely way faster than I am" while he hung on. Amazing to me to be honest... Pettiford would make me look like a fool in my own car and I am blowing all these guys completely off the course in a bone stock Grand Sport.

Right now I have a virtual flame war going on one of the Vette Forums once I told everyone they aren't really driving the car if the car is helping drive itself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
Randal
post Aug 28 2010, 10:42 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Aug 27 2010, 01:32 PM) *

Right now I have a virtual flame war going on one of the Vette Forums once I told everyone they aren't really driving the car if the car is helping drive itself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

I never drive either of my 914 race cars without the Porsche traction control on! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
BMXerror
post Aug 29 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,842

QUOTE(Randal @ Aug 28 2010, 09:42 PM) *

QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Aug 27 2010, 01:32 PM) *

I never drive either of my 914 race cars without the Porsche traction control on! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) I can't say much. It's easy to drive without traction control when you're in the sub 100hp range. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Although I have a standing offer to drive a 997 GT3 on an autocross course, so we'll see how I handle that.
Mark D.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 09:14 AM