Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A word of CAUTION, Check you charges from Auto Atlanta
stewteral
post Sep 7 2010, 10:34 AM
Post #1

Old Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,424
Region Association: Southern California

Hey 914ers,

I received an email from George Hussey promising the best prices for 914 parts, so I ordered a bunch of rubber parts for a total of $117.00.

The parts arrived a few days later, when the order arrived, the invoice had EVERY PART Repriced much higher. The Balance charged to my card was $192.80!

I called this morning and Carrie, in Customer Service ,was very pleasant while correcting the problem. My card was credited back for the over charges.

She said she had seen this with another order and was expecting a bunch of calls.
So, if you have recently ordered from Auto Atlanta: CHECK THAT INVOICE!

Best,
Terry
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
byndbad914
post Sep 7 2010, 03:48 PM
Post #2

shoehorn and some butter - it fits

Member No.: 5,463
Region Association: None

welcome to ordering from AA... I tried to warn you. This thread will likely bring out the dead quite a bit, but you can search and see tons of threads about AA, their billing practices, telling you they have things in stock, charging your card, then shipping half orders and telling you they will get the balance soon, which will take a month if you are lucky, so forth, saying if you want to cancel you will have to pay shipping back on the partial order, etc.

I actually still have some stuff on my shelf I bought 8 yrs ago, when they shipped partial and started screwing me around I went to Pelican, bought the stuff so I could finish and get the car back on the road, and then threw the AA stuff on the shelf because I was sooooo pissed it was worth it to me to NOT call them to return it for the $100. When it isn't worth $100 for me because I am so on fire, you know it is bad (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) It was the second time that had happened to me, figured once was an honest mistake, twice was lying to lock in my short term biz v. see the bigger picture. The thousands of dollars I have since spent elsewhere could have been theirs.

With all of my years of buying parts for building race cars, buying hot rod parts, etc etc etc auto related purchases, there are only three places I can think of that I will never go to again, so that should tell you something. AA is one, Kanna Motorsports is another, the third one didn't peeve me enough to go public but just won't hear from me again, in the end the problem was made right but I had to jump thru all the firey hoops on the third so won't make that mistake again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
stewteral
post Sep 7 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #3

Old Member

Member No.: 8,424
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Sep 7 2010, 02:48 PM) *

welcome to ordering from AA... I tried to warn you. This thread will likely bring out the dead quite a bit, but you can search and see tons of threads about AA, their billing practices, telling you they have things in stock, charging your card, then shipping half orders and telling you they will get the balance soon, which will take a month if you are lucky, so forth, saying if you want to cancel you will have to pay shipping back on the partial order, etc.

I actually still have some stuff on my shelf I bought 8 yrs ago, when they shipped partial and started screwing me around I went to Pelican, bought the stuff so I could finish and get the car back on the road, and then threw the AA stuff on the shelf because I was sooooo pissed it was worth it to me to NOT call them to return it for the $100. When it isn't worth $100 for me because I am so on fire, you know it is bad (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) It was the second time that had happened to me, figured once was an honest mistake, twice was lying to lock in my short term biz v. see the bigger picture. The thousands of dollars I have since spent elsewhere could have been theirs.

With all of my years of buying parts for building race cars, buying hot rod parts, etc etc etc auto related purchases, there are only three places I can think of that I will never go to again, so that should tell you something. AA is one, Kanna Motorsports is another, the third one didn't peeve me enough to go public but just won't hear from me again, in the end the problem was made right but I had to jump thru all the firey hoops on the third so won't make that mistake again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Ya' Tim,

You told me so! Luckily, I learned my lesson without paying too much of a price.
Personally, I'm DONE with AutoAtlanta.

Terry
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 08:31 AM