Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Driver's door key question?
KaptKaos
post Dec 4 2010, 11:55 PM
Post #1

Family

Group: Members
Member No.: 607
Region Association: Upper MidWest

If the driver's door is lock, I can insert the key and rotate it, but it doesn't unlock the door.

If I go through the passenger side, I can unlock the door, and the door handle works just fine from the outside.

I think I have read that there is a little plastic thingie that breaks. Anyone have better details than that?

TIA
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
r_towle
post Dec 6 2010, 12:07 PM
Post #2

Custom Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

This piece is what you may need.
This thing unlocks the door.
The actuator opens the door (once its unlocked)

If you are going to the trouble, I would suggest you replace both pieces at the same time...the actuators are cheap and they do break with age.

The little piece (in the picture below) is fast to replace...as you see it just a screw and spring.
The actuator takes a bit more time, but its really simple to do once you have the lock in hand.
Take the door panel off and remove the whole latch.
Do the work on the bench and put it back in.
There is a screw hidden behind the rubber gasket on the side of the door that holds the unit in place...
Once the door panel is off, you can remove the handle in a few minutes...replace the parts in less than 30 minutes and be all done with the project in an hour or so, depending upon how many beers you have, and how many times your wife comes out to bother you.

Rich

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 12:00 AM