Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How does this come out?, Dash Plate-WTF
ellisor3
post Dec 7 2010, 08:02 AM
Post #1

HPWhore

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,683
Region Association: South East States

I am trying to remove the dash trim plate around the front of the dash to make a template. I have it removed everywhere except arount the cigarette lighter. It looks like there is some type of crush ring behind the lighter. How do you get this off?? I tried pulling it straight out but it will not move.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
r_towle
post Dec 7 2010, 09:07 AM
Post #2

Custom Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

if you have already removed the heater controls, and I mean removed all the way...you can come at it from that hole with a screw driver...a bit easier than laying on your back trying to reach up there and do it.

I have also found that if you grab the back of the lighter and push it out, while rocking it side to side it will move that washer slowly.

Its one of those one way washers with teeth that go on, but dont come off. If you manage to apply the right pressure, the teeth flip in the other direction...not all at the same time, but rocking it, twisting it, and pushing all at the same time does the trick.

Now that I think about it...I think I used a long screw driver and a hammer to tap the teeth so they loosen up...you end up wrecking the washer a bit, but you can bend it back later once its out of the car.

Rich
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 08:06 AM