Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I'm giving up on the Porsche, It will be gone tomorrow
Qarl
post Mar 30 2004, 03:01 PM
Post #1

Shriveled member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 271
Region Association: None

My Boxster! Ha ha! Fooled you!

My lease replacement vehicle arrived today (BMW 545i), and I'm turning the leased Boxster back in tomorrow.

Thanks for playing!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Qarl
post Mar 30 2004, 03:20 PM
Post #2

Shriveled member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 271
Region Association: None

The Boxster was a "good" car. Not great, not bad. I had a number of problems with it. It's a Porsche so I didn't expect mechanical perfection or lack of maintenance.

I had to have the cam cover bolts replaced 3 times due to leaks. Main seal went, requiring the engine to be dropped and the entire rear suspension realigned. I had a the HID headlight burn out after 1000 miles, the A/C expnsion valve crapped out twice, and I had a persistent vibration in the rear that could never be worked out, despite 2 sets of tires, wheel replacements, rebalancing, alignment, etc. They gave up on it after six attempts at fixing it. These were the only provlems after 3 years and 36K miles, but were not fun to deal with.

It drove nice, but it IS impracticle (no trunk space). It is actually a heavy car. It was FUN with the top down and a great cruiser. Handles nice. (It was too quiet... no great Porsche sound). Stock radio sucked.

Would I get another one... no. I'd rather get a n older 911, or a car with better bang for the buck, like a Honda S2000, or the Elise. Check out the new turbo Miata coming soon.

Or a Boxster S. A few more ponies and six speeds.

Sticker on the car was just over $50K in 2001. 12K miles per year with nothing out of pocket at signing. Payments with tax were just over $800 per month for 36 month lease.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 05:23 PM