Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Need some restoration input on shocks..
tod914
post Jan 17 2011, 09:17 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Hey guys, I'll likely replace my Koni reds this winter with a new set of yellows I picked up this past summer. The yellows need to be repainted due to shelf wear. Would you sell the yellows and have the reds redone? Paint the yellows yellow.. Paint the yellows grey to match the original boges, or paint the yellows red?

Thanks for the input.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
tod914
post Jan 18 2011, 10:14 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

Pat you da man... just called up the Distribution Center in KY; 859 586 3912, and got some good info. Paint codes are Plastikote T31 for the red/orange, and T29 for the yellow. They just use rattle can paint on them.
Prices are $20 per shock to just test (testing fee refunded if rebuilt). To rebuild it's $165 per shock for fronts + parts. Rears are $125 per shock plus parts. The tech said it would make more sense to buy new fronts, being they are not visable. Other rebuilders are another option. Recall seeing rebuilds in another thread for around $80 per shock.

Here's a link for the paints. http://www.plastikote.com/products/General...amel-Paint.html
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jan 23 2011, 06:52 PM
Post #3

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(tod914 @ Jan 18 2011, 11:14 AM) *

Pat you da man... just called up the Distribution Center in KY; 859 586 3912, and got some good info. Paint codes are Plastikote P31 for the red/orange, and P29 for the yellow. They just use rattle can paint on them.
Prices are $20 per shock to just test (testing fee refunded if rebuilt). To rebuild it's $165 per shock for fronts + parts. Rears are $125 per shock plus parts. The tech said it would make more sense to buy new fronts, being they are not visable. Other rebuilders are another option. Recall seeing rebuilds in another thread for around $80 per shock.

Happy to help & happy they're still there. Agree with the tech for the fronts - but new! Quite frankly, the diff between 125 & 80 is insignificant & I'd go with Koni shop. But that's just me.
P
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 09:34 AM