Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I'm giving up on the Porsche, It will be gone tomorrow
Qarl
post Mar 30 2004, 03:01 PM
Post #1

Shriveled member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 271
Region Association: None

My Boxster! Ha ha! Fooled you!

My lease replacement vehicle arrived today (BMW 545i), and I'm turning the leased Boxster back in tomorrow.

Thanks for playing!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Zeke
post Mar 30 2004, 10:55 PM
Post #2

Never left, but not right....

Group: Members
Member No.: 197
Region Association: None

I got a 2000 box with 16,000 showing. It was a lease return, I'm sure and I leased it myself. four years at $499/mo. and not one problem. Even though that car is costing me $6000/yr + lic fees, it might be cheaper than my 911 for the same period. The thing is, when the lease is up, I'll still have the 911 while the box is going down the road. Meaning, I'll own the 911 after all the money spent. $24,000 over 4 years leaves me dick n the Box.

However, I worked this out somewhat on a spreadsheet. If I bought it with the required downpayment, the depreciation in the same time frame about equals the total lease cost. And I still have that downpayment in the bank earning interest.

I'm not proud to have leased a car, but I might come out good on this one.

BTW, they are really fun to drive. It's just a different ride. Everthing is too refined these days. But, it hangs with the boys in the hp group you're in. It doesn't hang with any kind of 996 or many 993s and no Turbos. Get the S and you can move up one notch for $15K more, no thanks.

Now my 1900lb, 130 hp 914 was just as fast as the Box with it's 3000lbs and 205hp 2.7. But that 3000lb hulk could carry the mail in the curves with those huge 17's w/ 255/40's while my car had 205/60/15s
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 12:04 PM