Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Any late model Tahoe/Yukon owners here?, Considering new fam car.
jasons
post Feb 16 2011, 10:05 AM
Post #1

Jackstand Extraordinaire

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,573
Region Association: None

We are looking at an 07 Tahoe Z71 4x4. My wife is drunk for it but I am skeptical. She has a 4runner now that has been super reliable. Honestly the 2007 Tahoe scares me. Can anyone share real world experience with the model?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
infraredcalvin
post Feb 16 2011, 08:48 PM
Post #2

Distracted Member

Member No.: 9,463
Region Association: Southern California

I have an 07 tahoe ltz 4wd that Ibought new in may of 06, so it's from the first run with the new body style ( I think the first deliveries were in April of 06). I love my truck! Have 76k miles and one prob at 10k. Tranny went out, dont know or care why, the dealer stepped up and got me a new pickup to drive for week while they fixed it. Haven't had ay problems since. Just oil changes at the interval the computer tells you, for me ends up being every 7k miles.

The z71 came out about 6 to 8 mos after the initial release, so any major bugs should have been worked through. There's one recall that I'm aware of, the wiper fluid heater, they just disconnect. Infuses they were melting parts and worried about it causing a fire. It doesn't get cold enough here for it to switch on, so I haven't gotten it fixed.

It still runs and looks new, I get a lot of compliments still. I plan on keeping it for another 70K at least. Have towed the 914 and on other occasions my 930 on an open trailer with no issues, it actually tows like a much bigger truck, but you have to buy an expensive drop hitch cause the receiver is so high.

I've upgraded the intake, trottle body, maf, chip, flow master and 22 bling wheels within 2k miles from new I drive it like I do my turbo, so it gets abused. If I had it to do again I would have done wheels and muffler only. I don't think the other things do much more for performance. Plan on getting 13-14 mpg for highway and a little less around town though. Anyway Good luck and buy it!
+Quote Post
jasons
post Feb 16 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #3

Jackstand Extraordinaire

Member No.: 2,573
Region Association: None

QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Feb 16 2011, 07:48 PM) *

Tranny went out, dont know or care why, the dealer stepped up and got me a new pickup to drive for week while they fixed it.

That's one of the common problems I've read about. But they do have a good powertrain warranty. The one we are considering has 32k w/ a few trivial warranty issues in its history.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 11:39 PM