Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Do we have any members in the tornado areas?, You guys from the south ok?
Scott S
post Apr 28 2011, 10:28 AM
Post #1

Small Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 633

Do we have any members that could have been in the path of those terrible storms down south? If so, everyone ok - or more importantly - does any one need anything?

Brutal deal down there. Hope everyone is ok....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Rusty
post Apr 28 2011, 04:58 PM
Post #2

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

The weather is good today, so that's fortunate. People would be freezing in their homes if this was December. If stores were open, they had some food as of early this morning. Customers were polite when the doors opened at 7, and snippy by 730. I got a few nice-to-have munchies and split.

I went out site-seeing at 5;30am. Gas in Huntsville and Athens was gone, but they got a few stations working since then - according to the radio. I filled up yesterday on the way home. Propane is short as well. One tornado was within a km of my house. Downed branches and a tree for me, nothing more serious. One Paki gas station owner on County Line road got a lightning strike that blew apart his concrete near the pumps. He said he had 20k gallons of gas that he won't be able to pump for weeks until everything gets fixed. Kinda f'd up, cause he's a nice guy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Am typing on my BB. Using my solar USB charger. On the hand-crank radio, I heard that the county is setting up food distribution points for those without. Wasn't impressed with some of the mayor's comments this morning about people being able to get "your supplies". The helpless, but entitled, mentality pisses me off. I hope they charge for supplies.

Went to check on my elderly neighbors and they were all packed up to go help other people. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif). The lady across the street with three kids under 4 didn't have enough bread and was freaking out because her husbands flight from ATL got cancelled.

Been laying low... cooking on the grill... doing manual chores and catching up on reading. Concealed carry during the day, AR ready at night. I predicted looters yesterday and I was right. Curfews started in Athens and then to all of Madison County - dusk till dawn. They project no power for 4-5 days.

Sorry for spelling errors and stream on consciousness writing.

ETA: the lady with kids got bread... I had a feeling at the grocery this morning and picked up two loaves of white bread (that I don't even eat).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 08:29 PM