Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need historic information/pics
Scott S
post Apr 14 2004, 10:24 AM
Post #1

Small Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 633

Hi All -
I may have stumbled into something. A friend of my fathers saw my car and said he has "something similar that is in storage - a 914-6 that was puchased by his step father". He said it was flared like mine, was white with black fiberglass deck lids and had a red top with a black stripe. It has no motor or interior. Could it be this car?
I have done some research and found that the car below was driven by Werner Christman for Sixtant Racing and took 6th at the Nurburgring - but thats it. I cant find any pics, serial numbers, etc. Does anybody know anything about this car?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
theol00
post Apr 14 2004, 10:59 AM
Post #2

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,586

Sorry - I was a little to hasty - this car was not sponsored by Lufthansa - it was sponsored by Braun (the electric rasor folks) and ran under Horst Godel - Braun sixtant racing team - Host Godel was active until his untimely death in August of 2002 at the Master Ralley - do a search under Horst Godel on google !
There is a lot of info on him

Master Ralley 2002
.....03.08.2002 Press Release
Cholm/Juchnov

Schlesser seizes power, Flick wins fame

The Master Rallye was plunged into mourning today by the road accident which caused the death of two German competitors, Horst Godel and Gregor Haug, who were entered in truck 305. Their third team-mate Uwe Ziegler is unharmed and only has some bruising. The truck was on the road section between the two specials of the day when it left the road at 12:50, probably due to the slippery state of the road. Rescuers were immediately informed by the competitor just behind. René Metge and his team deeply regret the disappearance of these devotees of the event. Horst Godel was the correspondent of the rally in Germany.

.......he also ran in Le Mans in 1975....in a Porsche

19 19 63 Porsche Club Romand, CH
Porsche Carrera RS Jean-Claude Bering, CH
Klaus Utz, D
Horst Godel, D 2992 F6 GT 283
3860.607 ....

Master Rallye 2002 3.8.2002
Tragödie überschattet Flick’s ersten Platz

Horst Godel
Foto: Master-Rallye

Gregor Haug
Foto: Master-Rallye

Der Tod zweier Rallye Legenden, Horst Godel & Gregor Haug überschattet diesen zweiten Tag der Master 2002. Horst Godel war der deutsche Korrespondent der Rallye. [MEHR]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 02:02 AM