Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> anyone pic of stove pipe cooling?, looking into cooling for chumpcar
usa4cheer
post Jun 17 2011, 09:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,592

Looking into different cooling options for chumpcar type race. I have looked at the cali conversion, different fan configurations. fan deletes etc. and was considering a stove pipe type cooling that I have only heard of and know nothing else about.

anybody know about this
thanks
tim
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
usa4cheer
post Jun 19 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,592

That oiling system is pretty amazing, I am always interested in what people are able to come up with. and I appreciate the effort to keep the 4 bangers as competitive as possible. My particular situation, I rescued another 914 from the crusher and am giving it a 2nd chance as a dirt auto crosser. I am doing very little to mod it up other than some experimental cooling ideas to play with. I will have it up and ready for the next autocross at Summit Point, in a couple months. I am using the 1.8 it came with and the dual webbers, I know they will be a challenge. I would put a 2.0 with dellortos I have sitting around, but not for something I will probably break first time out. I plan to get a picture of it airborne. Good news is the car had already been reinforced in the longitudinals and the rear, so I will put in some form of roll cage and lighten it up, to play with. I don't really care what class it goes in, I think mod would be the most fun.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 05:55 AM