Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> shifter, bushings
Randal
post Aug 1 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

Who was making replacement bushings for the shift rod and transmission housing on a side shift?

Like all the bushings from the firewall to the transmission.

Someone was machining them out of bronze if I remember correctly. Did those work better?

J West was selling a kit that had all this stuff and more - if I could find it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

Or what is the best set up available now?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
post Aug 2 2011, 08:49 AM
Post #2

Hummmm!!!

Member No.: 9,028
Region Association: South East States

GPR also sells the Bronze bushing for sideshift ear...

Patrick sells a nice firewall bushing but takes some machining to the inner shift rod...

Racer Chris is working on a complete Shift Rod kit like the one JWest quit producing earlier this year...
+Quote Post
Randal
post Aug 2 2011, 12:08 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE(7275914911 @ Aug 2 2011, 07:49 AM) *

GPR also sells the Bronze bushing for sideshift ear...

Patrick sells a nice firewall bushing but takes some machining to the inner shift rod...

Racer Chris is working on a complete Shift Rod kit like the one JWest quit producing earlier this year...

Yes Yes Yes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Thanks for the heads up on Chris Foley's complete shifter kit. I talked to Chris and as usual his new design is well beyond anything currently available.

His prototype in his race car works like a dream.

So, 222 will be the first car on the West Coast with this new kit (*). And believe it or not you can install it yourself and it doesn't take 2 days.

Chris says that after installation the only thing you can feel is the synchros slipping together.

So in about two weeks I should have the kit and will get it installed before my next event.

BYE BYE SHIFTER PROBLEMS.

This is going to be so cool.

(*) everything from the firewall back is, I believe, included.
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Aug 3 2011, 07:11 PM
Post #4

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Randal @ Aug 2 2011, 02:08 PM) *

Thanks for the heads up on Chris Foley's complete shifter kit. I talked to Chris and as usual his new design is well beyond anything currently available.

So, 222 will be the first car on the West Coast with this new kit (*). And believe it or not you can install it yourself and it doesn't take 2 days.

Chris says that after installation the only thing you can feel is the synchros slipping together.

So in about two weeks I should have the kit and will get it installed before my next event.

The prototype is in my street car, but the race car will be getting one soon so I can test it with a JWest shifter. (not that I expect it to make any difference)
My street car has a stock shifter with Weltmeister lockout springs and a shortened lever.

I'm already working on yours Randal. Officially it will be prototype #2, but will be nearly identical to upcoming production units.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Randal
post Aug 3 2011, 08:31 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Aug 3 2011, 06:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Aug 2 2011, 02:08 PM) *

The prototype is in my street car, but the race car will be getting one soon so I can test it with a JWest shifter. (not that I expect it to make any difference)
My street car has a stock shifter with Weltmeister lockout springs and a shortened lever.

I'm already working on yours Randal. Officially it will be prototype #2, but will be nearly identical to upcoming production units.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Can't wait Chris!
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 09:27 PM