Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> WTB 73 2.0 Black on Black, Looking for a 2.0L 73 Original Black with Black Interior
Ottoman
post Oct 12 2011, 08:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,312
Region Association: Canada

I am looking for an original black on black 73 2.0L with appearance group. Must be rust free with no issues. Does not have to be perfect mechanically as I plan to do a 6 conversion. Body/tub (no rust) is my main concern as is original colour. Send any information you feel is appropriate.

Regards.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Tom_T
post Oct 13 2011, 04:21 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Otto,

I think that if you're going to do a 6-conversion on a 73, that original color won't really matter as much because of that major change, since original colors mostly matter on completely original concours cars. A conversion will always be a conversion, so originality is not as important.

Plus you'd be paying more for a more popular 73-74 2.0 (or 75-76 2.0) - than say for a rust free & solid 73 1.7 or 74-75 1.8 for which you could start a lower cost for the rust free 914 - possibly in original or repainted black. I assume you're looking at the 73 MY for the sideshift transaxle, which is on 73-76 MYs, and the optional items like center console, chrome bum

Then modify & paint & upholster it as needed to your -6 black-black liking (black interiors are about the only thing available now in repro/resto materials anyway).

Just my 2 cents worth suggestion, but it could save you $5-8,000 on the 914 to start with, which $$s you could better apply to your conversion cost.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 02:01 AM