Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> help with class, scca classificatin
Woody
post Nov 13 2011, 05:53 PM
Post #1

Sandbox Rabblerouser and head toilet scrubber

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,530
Region Association: Southwest Region

What class am I supposed to be running in for scca autocross? I am running a 2056 with cam and carbs. I am running a front bar and monoballs with RA1 rubber. The local club wants me to run in SSM but the car is well outclassed. Previously they put me in SM and I am aware that's not correct but it at least let me be competitive in my group.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
jhadler
post Nov 16 2011, 09:55 AM
Post #2

Long term tinkerer...

Member No.: 529

Looking at your avatar picture, I'm guessing you're running 225's or wider under those flares?

Technically, FP, EM, or SM would be the proper class for you. Street Prepared allows a ton of stuff, more than what you've got with one exception. You can't go into the motor. The cam and 96 mm jugs are what bump you out of Street Prepared. Chances are, you could talk to the other DSP drivers at the event to ask if they don't mind if you run with them, and they'd be fine. But otherwise, you'll just run with the big-dogs and compare your times with those of DSP. The mods that bump you out of SP are relatively minor, and not going to make your car an overdog in DSP. If the rest of drivers are okay with it, I'd run DSP for a while...

-Josh2

QUOTE(Woody @ Nov 13 2011, 04:53 PM) *

What class am I supposed to be running in for scca autocross? I am running a 2056 with cam and carbs. I am running a front bar and monoballs with RA1 rubber. The local club wants me to run in SSM but the car is well outclassed. Previously they put me in SM and I am aware that's not correct but it at least let me be competitive in my group.

+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Nov 18 2011, 10:48 AM
Post #3

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

QUOTE(jhadler @ Nov 16 2011, 07:55 AM) *

Looking at your avatar picture, I'm guessing you're running 225's or wider under those flares?

Technically, FP, EM, or SM would be the proper class for you. Street Prepared allows a ton of stuff, more than what you've got with one exception. You can't go into the motor. The cam and 96 mm jugs are what bump you out of Street Prepared. Chances are, you could talk to the other DSP drivers at the event to ask if they don't mind if you run with them, and they'd be fine. But otherwise, you'll just run with the big-dogs and compare your times with those of DSP. The mods that bump you out of SP are relatively minor, and not going to make your car an overdog in DSP. If the rest of drivers are okay with it, I'd run DSP for a while...

-Josh2

QUOTE(Woody @ Nov 13 2011, 04:53 PM) *

What Josh says. However dont think FP would be legal or can you use a 2056 T4 in that class? XP would be option too. Or if your region has OSP you could run there. However SP pepople might take exception to the displacement increase beyond just the internal changes! Monoballs also kick him out of SP to SM.

SCCA rules gerally suck for street prepared cars and it wont change anytime soon due to political influences.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 09:39 AM