Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> new to me 914 and day at Nazareth
JerryP
post May 9 2004, 01:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,225

My neighbor had this in his garage since 1987 and I never saw it. Now its in my garage.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
JerryP
post May 10 2004, 05:57 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,225

Oh right. Sorry about the huge pictures.

I went through the Richard Petty Driving School. The package was called the Rookie Experience. Not as much schooling in this package to be honest considering what they are letting you do but you are following the lines of a pro driver and luckily there were guys in my group who had done it before and I was able to get some advice before my turn. I cut about 12 seconds off between my first lap and my last.

Instructor said they top out at about 135 at Nazareth in similar conditions. 105 was as high as he took me before I got the wave off. 111 was the highest speed for the day for a student. It was a blast though and I will probably go up to more laps next time. My father in law lives pretty close to the Brickyard so I'd like to try it there. 8 laps was a good amount for the first time but I spent the first five getting used to the car, track, sight lines and basicly just trying not to embarrass myself or hurt anyone.

Those are ATS wheels on the yellow car. I don't know anything about them other than they say "made in germany" on them.
Are they any good?

Those are ATS wheels. I know no
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 05:47 AM