Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> wiring harness
trcarrera
post May 10 2004, 10:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,050

I have a 75 914-4 that we are working on converting to a 914-6 with a hot 2.2. I have decided that the wiring harness that the car has is just to much of a mess to deal with and I would like to put a new harness in. I would much rather buy a fully put to gether wiring harness that is ready to install then have to put a wiring harness from scratch together. My question is can any one give me a good suggestion on where I can find such a thing.

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Qarl
post May 11 2004, 11:22 AM
Post #2

Shriveled member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 271
Region Association: None

This is a subject I am very familiar with, so let me save you some time...

New wiring harnesses are VERY difficult to find (for the fours at least). A very elusive item (much like a new driver's side sun visor which I have yet to locate)

AA "supposedly" has them for around $1800.

I called Mittelmotor, Brumos, several larger U.S. Porsche dealerships, Pelican, HPH, Ottos, Stoddard, GPR, Patrick Motorsports, Parts Obsolete, Zims, DC Automotive, Aase Brothers, and several other places and could not find one.

I found one several years ago in Switzerland, purchased it, sold, and bought it back last year.

High Performance House can sell you a good used one.

YNZ Automotive in Redlands, CA only makes them for the six. To make one for a four will cost about $3600, (mostly for the labor involved to set up the wiring loom board). This is the place that Brad got his for "Blackie".

A new six harness sold on ebay last month for around $600 or so (a steal!)

Last October, Jeroen had forwarded this ad to me from the back of Excellence magazine...

>>Wiring Harness - made in Germany
100% authentic reproductions of original harnesses, correct terminals, color-coded wire and plugs, simple manual (english) and full color wiring diagram for easy installation
Price each model $595 (includes cost of freight - airmail)
Time of delivery: 2 weeks

Wiring Harness Wocheslander
fax (+49) 9452 2628<<

Maybe you should try this source and see what you find out.

Make sure you get the correct harness for your year's car (even if it is a four). There were differences in several areas (steering column switches, relay board connections, center console or no center console, etc.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 03:22 AM