Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Road Atlanta DE Video Compilation, 914 LS2/V8
Cracker
post Jul 5 2012, 07:15 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,316
Region Association: South East States

There are zero (youtube) track video's of LS powered 914's posted for all to see...now there is one.
However, mine fits under the "better than nothing" category. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

PS - I forgot to mention this also might serve as a demo vid for my car (for sale). Sorry in advance
for the 30 seconds of pics at the beginning.

June 2012 PCA DE - 914 LS2 V8

Tony/Cracker
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Cracker
post Jul 6 2012, 08:38 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,316
Region Association: South East States

Terry,

Thanks for your comments. Lighter is nearly always better so I'm sure the LS motor has an advantage - not sure of the difference though. Sorting has taken some time and I've gone from downright scary bad at the beginning to very stable and predictable. I really need a rear wing to balance out the splitter - at 130+ the back end was getting way too light! We removed it and it was much improved.

To answer your questions:
1) I run and 80/80 LSD (Porsche)
2) I just installed the 400 lb springs for the event shown in the video ~ I think I wouldn't mind going up to 450 but the car is in the process of being sold. Those changes will be up to the new owner.

You're way more advanced than I am regarding the "science" behind the changes. I use my "arse" to determine what is going on and what I need changed. I've always adjusted my sway bars on a "sort" basis. The car is not perfect but is really, really stable/predictable. It took some time but it is rewarding to see the car come around like it has. I PM'd you my phone number.

Also, opinions matter but that's all they are. For instance, I've heard about NOT running a rear sway bar on 914's - hog wash for me. I found my best set-up included the rear bar set to full soft. I did not like the feel without it.
Tony
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 04:46 AM