Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SUBY conversion question - WATER PUMP
jimkelly
post Sep 19 2012, 05:38 AM
Post #1

Delaware USA

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,460
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

for the chevy conversion, renegade offers a chrysler water pump - but - for the suby conversion, is the stock water pump adequate?? thus no belt or electric driven water pump is needed?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
rpg5553
post Sep 19 2012, 08:55 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 11,898
Region Association: South East States

Greetings,
I have been running a EJ20G turbo motor for everal years with the original water pump. Used a radiator from a 95 Subaru Impreza along with the fans and the fans have never kicked on during the Hot Atlanta summers. Been stuck in traffic for hours without an issue so the water pump is circulating fine. Keep in mind you have around two extra gallons of coolant in your lines going from radiator to the motor.
Hope this helps.

Ronnie G
+Quote Post
mittelmotor
post Sep 19 2012, 05:16 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 14,464
Region Association: None

QUOTE(rpg5553 @ Sep 19 2012, 07:55 AM) *

Greetings,
I have been running a EJ20G turbo motor for everal years with the original water pump. Used a radiator from a 95 Subaru Impreza along with the fans and the fans have never kicked on during the Hot Atlanta summers. Been stuck in traffic for hours without an issue so the water pump is circulating fine. Keep in mind you have around two extra gallons of coolant in your lines going from radiator to the motor.
Hope this helps.

Ronnie G

I was surprised at the volume of coolant (Renegade system). Mine took more than 4 gallons!
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 12:22 PM