Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Making of the Movie "Grand Prix", If you love the Movie, you'll like this extended Trailer
carr914
post Jan 10 2013, 08:48 AM
Post #1

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yPHck13W9A
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
wndsnd
post Jan 10 2013, 08:56 AM
Post #2

You wanted a horse, but got a goat. Nobody wants a goat....

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,124
Region Association: North East States

One of my best friends, worked directly for Porsche in the 1970's and 1980's and ran their factory team racing program in the U.S.

He was involved with the making of the movie as well and is actually in it. (Actually not this movie, it was the LeMAns McQueen Movie), my bad.

He worked directly for Helmut Bott, (sp?) and sold Porsche Racing Cars, engines, and parts, to Private Teams in the US and managed the factory teams. He was involved with all aspects of Porsche racing, from the 917's. to 928 Speed records on the salt flats, etc. His name is Peter Schmitz.

He will be visiting me next in March. He is a good friend, retired, and living the good life. His stories are the best over Schnapps!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 07:02 AM