Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> a curiosity question..., about my car's "VW/Porsche" badge
BritCarJim
post Feb 28 2013, 11:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,043
Region Association: South East States

i know the story about the development of the teener and the badging in europe. the guy i got the car from called it a "euro-badge" car and thought that it might be worth more for that. i know that it isn't worth any more, but i do wonder about the badge. was this an option that got ordered? is the more common rear treatment the option? the lights and such on my car do not suggest that it really is a european car, so, what gives? just wondering.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
BritCarJim
post Mar 1 2013, 09:45 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,043
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 1 2013, 06:11 PM) *

Hey, Jim... does your 914 have a VIN plate on the A pillar?

I have a "euro" 914 - no A pillar VIN, GB engine, euro driving lights, km speedo, etc - but has side marker lights (mounted a bit low) and the bumpers have holes drilled for the tits but they, too, are in the wrong place. Also, had a VW-Porsche badge on the rear but the VW part is missing. Looks like that area got hit and the badge broke. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

I'm not going out there to look under the cover in this weather, but if thats the same plate i was out there peering at in the rain looking for a color code last month, then yes, it has an A pillar VIN plate on the DS. i bet somebody bought a badge. no biggie, i just wondered.

QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 1 2013, 08:58 PM) *

It looks like that car has already been re-painted at some point.

I believe Auto Atlanta sells that badge as a repro.

rich

yeah, i know at least most of the front has been re-painted so, why not assume the back has had work as well. thats allright. if it was too perfect or too original then i'd be leary of working on it myself. since its been pretty well FUBARed, its no big deal for me to toss in as well.

jim
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 10:01 AM