Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How good are AA Pistons and Cylinders, Wondering about building one of there 2055's
flash914
post Apr 7 2013, 06:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,554
Region Association: Southern California

In the past two years I've have been reading on this board about things and a time or two AA Piston has come up. One time about a pin failure and engine damage. the other question was about heat treating their cylinders. The question I am asking is dose anyone have any comments on their products. Please reply. Gordon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
'73-914kid
post Apr 7 2013, 07:22 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,714
Region Association: Southern California

I got 4 perfectly round cylinders on the first try, and have been running around on AA 96mm pistons and cylinders for the last 38,000 miles. I'd like to see anyone else who can attest to their durability like that. Some people don't like them because more often than not, you have to go back, and return 1 cylinder a set that isn't perfectly round. Easy to do. Their quality has significantly improved from what I understand.

Every now and then I beat the living crap out of my motor, but most of my miles are freeway miles, at 80mph. No piston and cylinder problems at all. I'm more concerned with my OEM connecting rod bolts/nuts.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 04:13 AM