Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Today was just sensational, 220 miles of 914 bliss
phillstek
post Apr 11 2013, 01:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,741
Region Association: None

It was such a perfect autumn day so I decided to pull a sickie and take the day off and go for a blast.

And what a blast it was. Headed north on the F3 and peeled off at Mt White and on to the old Pacific Hwy. Turned off at Peats Ridge and just punched it all the way to Wollombi.

Took the Putty Rd back to town. 100 miles of tight and twisty interspersed with fast sweepers connected by long straights. Saw 125 a couple of times.

The 3.2 was howling, I was grinning and the sun was shining. I can't begin to describe how much fun it was.

I love this car.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
phillstek
post Apr 12 2013, 05:05 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,741
Region Association: None

Thanks for all the comments.

Not trying to make anyone jealous, just wanted to share my joy and perhaps help inspire those on jack stands to get them up and running.

I'd forgotten how much fun these cars are when you get the chance to really wind them up. I'm still buzzing 2 days later.

"I need to move down there"... Come on down, I'll pick you up from the airport in the 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

"I won't even ask if you meant 125kph or mph"... and I ain't telling (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

"Would love to see some closer pics of that conversion as it is rare indeed"... not that hard to do I'm and pretty sure that the factory could have done it easily too. The centrally located steering pinion and the bolt in pedal cluster take out 2 of the biggest issues when converting. Mind you if I ever imported another one I'd leave it LHD

"....and the pedal?"... made 3 attempts to bed the brakes. Each time warming them up a bit by riding the pedal briefly and the taking it up to 70 in 3rd and braking hard slowing the car to around 20. Did that 8-9 times each session. The surprising thing was that I did not experience any fade at all or not even a hint of lock up. Pedal feels better but not perfect. You hit them the first time and the pedal still drops quite a bit and then hit them again quickly and the pedal is pretty much there with considerably less free motion. Thanks for your help Eric.

"Is that your lunch on top of the post?" Well spotted, that's what we call a "liquid lunch" down here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Thanks again to all now get those cars out and drive them like you stole them.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 11:20 AM