Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Lance in YELLOW, He's on an early attack
newdeal2
post Jul 7 2004, 02:08 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Lance has snagged the yellow jersey as a result of US Postal winning the Team TT by about 1 min.

That's a lot of pressure this early in the tour...will he try to keep it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Joseph Mills
post Jul 7 2004, 09:25 PM
Post #2

on a Sonoma diet now...

Group: Members
Member No.: 39

QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 7 2004, 07:41 PM)
Damn It! WTF was I thinking reading this? I'm still watching the TTT right now.  :wacko:

I am soo sorry Sean! I purposely don't go to certain sites for the very same reason. I like to watch it not knowing the outcome.

I've already switched over from watching the 7:00pm to the 4:00pm broadcast and now I've rationalized that I should watch the 11:00am broadcast because, well, it's sorta around lunch time! I'm hopeless. I'll try and remember not to give anything away because you gotta have the drama unfold before your eyes.

I think it's cool that Robbie Mc Kewen got the yellow for his first time ever yesterday. He missed a 2nd sprint victory by such a small measure.

Lance announced his performance level at the prologue individual TT and the team announced their performance level at the team TT today.

I don't think Lance will sacrifice anything to hold on to the yellow jersey at this point. The only riders that can take it away from him are not anything approaching a "rival". And his true rivals will just continue to mark time and stay close and wait in case an opportunity unfolds later down the road.

Although Mayo may snag a mountain stage and Ullrich may drop the hammer on that uphill TT, LA appears to be totally prepared for a possible sixth. More power to him. We'll get to witness with our own eyes what has NEVER been done before.

Of course, all of this is just bullshit. Anything can happen. Maybe I better quit pontificating and go ride my bike. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 02:17 PM