Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> ride height vs. stock with 165 lbs. progressive springs?, I'm not looking to lower the car....
scott_in_nh
post Jun 5 2013, 11:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,471
Region Association: North East States

So I would like to know what size spacers I need to keep the car at about the stock ride height.

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
r_towle
post Jun 5 2013, 01:47 PM
Post #2

Custom Member

Member No.: 124

Get threaded spring perches for the Koni shocks.

You can set the ride height and get the added benefit of real corner balancing. The threads slip over the shock body and rest on the retainer...then you place the perch on the threaded nuts...

You have to build your own from these guys, but its the basic parts and its as cheap as you can find it...otherwise you end up buying a kit which has mark up buring in there.

You can also go down to the 2.5 inch diameter springs at that time, or later on...the springs are cheaper, and tons more available.

I might suggest you do what I did for a few years.
Night before the car would be lowered, race tires etc.
You could easily swap out rear shocks (complete with springs) the night before the event.

Raising and lowering the front is just accurate measurements.
Leave the alignement perfect for the raised setting (daily driver) and deal with it when you race...you can learn it pretty fast.

http://www.colemanracing.com/Shock-Sleeve-...tein-P3700.aspx

Rich
+Quote Post
scott_in_nh
post Jun 5 2013, 02:03 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,471

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 5 2013, 03:47 PM) *

You can set the ride height and get the added benefit of real corner balancing. The threads slip over the shock body and rest on the retainer...then you place the perch on the threaded nuts...

You have to build your own from these guys, but its the basic parts and its as cheap as you can find it...otherwise you end up buying a kit which has mark up buring in there.

You can also go down to the 2.5 inch diameter springs at that time, or later on...the springs are cheaper, and tons more available.

You could easily swap out rear shocks (complete with springs) the night before the event.

Leave the alignement perfect for the raised setting (daily driver) and deal with it when you race...you can learn it pretty fast.

Rich

Of course you are right Rich, but what a slippery slope!

The springs may be cheaper, then then I need top and bottom spring perches right?

Just doing the adjusters adds $100 to the job....
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Jun 5 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #4

Custom Member

Member No.: 124

QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jun 5 2013, 04:03 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 5 2013, 03:47 PM) *

Rich

Of course you are right Rich, but what a slippery slope!

The springs may be cheaper, then then I need top and bottom spring perches right?

Just doing the adjusters adds $100 to the job....

Yup. Tis a slope, and its steep and slippery.
By this time next year, your car will have a whole new suspension...and wheels/tires...

But, with a bit of effort, and piece of tube steel from home depot will do what you want...
Needs to have the ID the same as the OD of the shock body.

If you have welded perches and not adjustable perches on the Koni's you can carefully cut off the perch and leave the heavy round shelf.
Piece of pipe, perch, spring...done

If you have adjustable perches on the Kon'is a piece of pipe is all you need...simple.

I wanted to to see all the parts you can buy...then your mind will come up with a solution that works for you...just see how they do it based upon all those pieces and parts.

Now, how important is that ride height????
An inch may be with alot of effort.

Decisions Decisions....

rich
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 04:16 PM