Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> CV bolt washers, WTF
Elliot Cannon
post Oct 8 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407
Region Association: None

This is the second time I have ordered CV bolt washers from Pelican. The picture on the left is what they sent me for the second time. The picture with the quarter in it is the picture on their website. The Home Depot looking washers have a Porsche part number. Is this what Porsche is really using for lock washers for the CV bolts? Should I trust these or stick with Shnore (sp) washers?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
euro911
post Oct 9 2013, 02:03 AM
Post #2

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Ouch, Mike (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

KaptKaos also got those star washers with a set of bolts he bought from Pelican.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) I think Wayne needs to know that they're not acceptable (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Oct 9 2013, 07:41 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,594
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 9 2013, 01:03 AM) *

KaptKaos also got those star washers with a set of bolts he bought from Pelican.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) I think Wayne needs to know that they're not acceptable (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

Seems if a site is selling products for a certain car or model, they would make sure it was the proper product for the car. Getting the wrong item....especially if the picture shows the correct part is bad business. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

I bought a condenser from them, wire wasn't long enough to fit the distributer and mount it....had to get one from Napa.....been very disappointed in the Bird.

Jeff
+Quote Post
post Oct 9 2013, 01:22 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,245
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(jsconst @ Oct 9 2013, 06:41 AM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 9 2013, 01:03 AM) *

Seems if a site is selling products for a certain car or model, they would make sure it was the proper product for the car. Getting the wrong item....especially if the picture shows the correct part is bad business. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

I bought a condenser from them, wire wasn't long enough to fit the distributer and mount it....had to get one from Napa.....been very disappointed in the Bird.

Jeff

I think its what happens to business that some times over extend themselves into other markets / car makers.... you end up with staff / suppliers that some time 'over look' the item.
What is interesting is the other day I called and attempted to order the four rubber seals around the windage tray...I explained where it went and he still did not have a clue what I was taking about ( item was not listed on their website ). I thank him and called Fat in Orange - they responded yes we have those when I inquired. Took a little drive down to pick them up.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 07:56 AM