Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Porsche Art, Exhibition in New York with 914
jim_hoyland
post Nov 11 2013, 09:11 PM
Post #1

Get that VIN ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

I couldn't past a pic from my iPad, but see:

http://www.newmuseum.org/exhibitions/view/...xtreme-measures

Scroll down a bit

Pretty cool... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Kraftwerk
post Nov 15 2013, 04:35 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,085

Chris Burden, the guy has done some real amazing-head-scratching art works.. The motorcycle in the background is started up daily and the rear wheel is put against that huge wheel and the engine is gunned until the BIG wheel spins very quickly and I might add , with a bit of menace. Then the bike is pulled away, engine shut down, and the big ole wheel just spins and spins.
I don't ask questions, its just pretty great. The only requirement is that you must appreciate revving engines and spinning wheels. If so, you will like this piece.

The bike is a "Montgomery Ward" original, ( M.W. was a kind of Sears dept. store back in the day.)

I can't tell you anything more about the 914 than you already know: ie. It has been repainted, the hood badge is all wrong, the bumpers might not be stock and some of the gauges don't exactly match. It is a rather static work compared with "The Big Wheel" but I like how he equates the 914's odd-ness and uniqueness and rare-ness to a meteorite . Ha ha thats true! Chris Burden is based in California btw.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 10:39 PM