Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Original 914-6 for sale in Germany, Eye-watering price
beech4rd
post May 13 2014, 07:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,445
Region Association: North East States

According to the list of VINs, this car was sold from Pennsylvania in 2008 for about $38,000.00. The value has risen somewhat.

http://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/porsche/914/1970/228616
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Nine_14
post May 13 2014, 11:09 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 14,873
Region Association: Germany

If you selling your car overseas esp. to germany the one how makes the big money is not you.
I have a look at the market for a long time and many times i am more than surprised
when i found cars which where offered here at the world, in craigslist, ebay or other sources appears on the german market with unbelievable price jumps.

My advive is: Only sell your 914 to real enthusiasts, otherwise after time all the nice 914 are in hands of collectors profiteers.
No space for people only want to drive them and have some fun.

+Quote Post
Kaeferfreund
post May 13 2014, 01:34 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,172

QUOTE(Nine_14 @ May 13 2014, 07:09 PM) *

If you selling your car overseas esp. to germany the one how makes the big money is not you.
I have a look at the market for a long time and many times i am more than surprised
when i found cars which where offered here at the world, in craigslist, ebay or other sources appears on the german market with unbelievable price jumps.

My advive is: Only sell your 914 to real enthusiasts, otherwise after time all the nice 914 are in hands of collectors profiteers.

100% agree! That's exactly the problem. There are a lot of speculants in the market who push the prices higher and higher (BUBBLE).

But a lot of stupid investors are still waiting. You could see it at the fair in Essen (Techno classica) this year once again.

Back to the "2498". Is it really "unrestored" as the Dealer told us ??? An untouched survivor? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
Repainted in the early 1990s...and many, many parts rebuilt or replaced (NOS).
Go on and have some looks in the old ebay-ad and/or search for the VIN here or search for the discussion of June 2006.

Unrestored (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

+Quote Post
Nine_14
post May 14 2014, 08:30 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 14,873

QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ May 13 2014, 09:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Nine_14 @ May 13 2014, 07:09 PM) *

100% agree! That's exactly the problem. There are a lot of speculants in the market who push the prices higher and higher (BUBBLE).

But a lot of stupid investors are still waiting. You could see it at the fair in Essen (Techno classica) this year once again.

Back to the "2498". Is it really "unrestored" as the Dealer told us ??? An untouched survivor? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
Repainted in the early 1990s...and many, many parts rebuilt or replaced (NOS).
Go on and have some looks in the old ebay-ad and/or search for the VIN here or search for the discussion of June 2006.

Unrestored (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

I think, the problem will become as more a problem when TTIP is getting started.
No more taxes open borders anyway..........
DonĀ“t let go all the 914 out of the US

Allways remember: When the 914 where build, cavity sealing was a foreign word.
Fuck for a new paint job, those cars are getting rusted from inside to outside.

A good resto using mike sanders after that (p.e.) is allways prefered instead a
new shiny paintjob.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 05:23 AM