Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> i have 34 webers ,question about going larger
rosenfe
post May 14 2014, 02:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,512
Region Association: None

on my 73 2.0.i have 2 -34 webers with original cam,would like more power without rebuilding or changing cam.still have complete original fi,but it was not running when i got it with the fi,so we put on webers.would i do better going back to the fi,or would larger webers work?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
rgolia
post May 14 2014, 04:49 PM
Post #2

GeoJoe

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,329
Region Association: North East States

I had 44s on my 2.0 with the stock cam from 1982 to 1987 when it was my daily driver. Never let me down, but it did not have additional power over the fi and it had a few flat spots. drove it across county and no issues. Prior to making the switch I had plenty of fi problems. Now I have a carb cam and what a difference in power.

If this resource of great people here at the world existed back in the 1980s I would never had switched, but back then few people knew how to deal with the fi. If you are going to keep the stock cam go with the stock fi.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 01:00 PM