Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Did a 914 Ordered with Fuchs include a Fuchs spare?
ChrisG914
post Nov 23 2013, 01:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,527
Region Association: North East States

Does anyone know the answer? If you purchased your 914 with optional Fuchs wheels did you get a Fuchs spare or a standard steel spare?
Thanks - Chris
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
mrgreenjeans
post May 16 2014, 04:45 PM
Post #2

mrgreenjeans

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,520
Region Association: Northstar Region

Chris 914

Yes they came with a set of 5 Fuchs, I remember seeing them in the front trunks of both the 914/6's and the 914/4's that were either 2.0 litres or with the appearance group.

I obtained a set of 4 which were virtually new old stock about 20 years ago, from a gentleman who had bought his car new and ONLY got the four on the ground with his car when delivered. He had upgraded ? to another set of aftermarket wheels when he had become frustrated in finding a replacement for the spare, and sold off his set to me.
Believe it or not, after about a year searching for the fifth wheel to match in both date coding and appearance, I found one on eBay. NOS with an NOS Michelin tire with a matching date code to correct month of manufacture.

Thus ending my search as now I have the 5 Fuchs, with matching date code wheels and one Michelin blackwall tire as it came from Porsche, the day the car was made in August of 1973.

Many of the dealers at that time , WERE as Pat said, somewhat a little short in the ethics department. Nothing has really changed much today, they just don't use something quite as apparent as a missing wheel. They do it with hidden leases, hidden words, deceptive paper shuffling.
So, don't worry Mr. Dealer, you who is less than stellar in merit. WE don't forget ....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 06:16 AM