Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> electric question
hndyhrr
post May 22 2014, 10:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,332
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I keep blowing fuse 11. where do i start?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Tom
post May 23 2014, 02:31 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,626
Region Association: None

I see from your signature info that yours is a 1970 year model. I looked at Jeff's site and didn't see the fuse lay out for a 70. Have to assume that those are the same as a 73. That said, the #11 fuse feeds the interior light and the emergency flashers.
How does the fuse blow? In other words what do you do, then the fuse blows? The more info you post, the better we are able to determine what the problem may be.
Tom
+Quote Post
hndyhrr
post May 23 2014, 03:39 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,332
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Tom @ May 23 2014, 01:31 PM) *

I see from your signature info that yours is a 1970 year model. I looked at Jeff's site and didn't see the fuse lay out for a 70. Have to assume that those are the same as a 73. That said, the #11 fuse feeds the interior light and the emergency flashers.
How does the fuse blow? In other words what do you do, then the fuse blows? The more info you post, the better we are able to determine what the problem may be.
Tom

The interior light works as it should when you open and close door. When you turn key over fuse blows the metal strip apart in the fuse. Don't know how long it's been this way. We were playing with the little switch for the e brake handle because that's not working right either. When you apply the ebrake the red warning light on the combo gauge(upper left side) it lights up and it stays on when you take the e brake off. so we were looking at fuse box and found blown fuse in # 11 slot. weird thing is we took e brake switch out and the light is still on. am thinking i have alot of electric checking to do.
Give me a wrench and i am good to go, put a meter in my hand and i am lucky to find continuity setting. oh my. I will get her done tho. any info would be appreciated.

thanks
Renee

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 02:45 AM